Be sure to check back for more FAQ as we will continue to add your frequently asked questions
Your Surplus Database Account
Yes, you can pause your account and here is how that works:
If you want to pause your account, send us a Help Desk Ticket. We will pause the billing (stop charging you monthly).
- This will deactivate your access to the Daily Surplus Lists and Property Information Reports.
- You will still have access to the SurplusDatabase.com Website and the FloridaOverbids.com website for 3 months.
- As long as you un-pause within the 3 months, your payments will resume at the normal monthly rate you were paying.
- If you do not un-pause within the 3 months, your account is completely deactivated and if you wish to continue, you have to re-subscribe just as if you were a new client, at whatever the current monthly fee is, including the “First Month” set up fee.
The process depends on where you registered your domain name.
If you use GoDaddy.com, here are the instructions:
You would “forward” the domain name to your CountyUnclaimed.com website address…
Now, let me point out that when you forward a domain name, they give you a choice of “with masking” and “without masking”.
With Masking, when someone types in your domain name and hits enter, that domain name will stay in the address bar while showing your website and when that is the case, then the SSL Security certificate we have installed on the website will not work to show your website is secure.
Without masking, when someone types in your domain name and hit enter, it forwards to your CountyUnclaimed.com website address and the SSL Security stays in place.
On SurplusDatabase.com, there are 3 subscription levels.
Only the Pro level has researched records. Which ones we research and what we provide depends on the amount of surplus.
The Property Information Report shows book and page #’s of liens for lookup
If the surplus is: Then we supply
Under $5,000: Neither the Property Information Report nor research on liens. However, we do supply you with a link, video and training on where to download the Property Information Report and how to research the liens.
Between $5k-15k: Property Information Report and a summary of possible liens (eg. “There are No liens”, “There are 3 gov’t liens and 1 mortgage) – This allows you to know if you’re interested in pursuing this one further. Just as mentioned above, we supply you with a link, video and training on how to research the liens on any record where the surplus is under $15k
Over $15k: Property Information Report and all liens researched with amount and type. Plus if it is a Judgment, we tell you to whom it is owed because you can pursue them as a client as well.
When you join, you have immediate access to all Surplus Records and Property Information Reports from the current year we are in, back to January 1.
You also have the option of purchasing older surplus records that go back to January 1, 2018. However, any record previous to when we began SurplusDatabase.com in August 2019, will not import into the online database we give you (They have different fields on the Excel file).
- Your website will reside on secure server so your website will have https:// in the address. This is so important and goes a long way in having people trust you and your website.
- Your website will reside under our domain name of CountyUnclaimed.com
- You can choose to use the web address of https://www.CountyUnclaimed.com/your-chosen-name
- OR if you have a domain name you would like to use, you can forward it to the above web address (Need Help? Submit a ticket on our Help Desk)
- Your website starts out just like the Demo version and then using our tutorials, you can make all of your edits.